Chameleon Designs Interiors, based for the last 10 years on the Kent and London border, is run by Emile Azan and his team and offers a full interior design service in and around the Kent area, allowing us to offer a bespoke service to clients in Kent. Known as the Garden of England, Kent has a wealth of property types, from historic Medieval listed properties through the converted Oast house, barns and breweries to modern commuter housing stock. We are aware of the many varied needs and styles that Kent has to offer. Kent also has a wealth of individual suppliers in the many towns and villages. Kent is also within easy reach of the large retailer’s outlets of London and the many and various antique and craft shops that abound in Kent as a county. Our Kent client’s tastes and budgets are as varied as the county itself and we are able to take on all manner of briefs. We are also able to offer a full interior design service from simple consultations to full project design and implementation for our Kent clients.
What Chameleon Designs can provide
Chameleon Designs in Kent are skilled at making beautiful, feel-good spaces for people to live and work in, using carefully chosen combinations of paint colours, patterns, fabrics, furniture and fixtures. They will help you to get the look you want first time, and if you’re not immediately sure what you want they help you find it, working with you to design your perfect home. If your space is on the small side, or awkwardly configured, Chameleon Designs Kent, interior designers, can also help you to maximise your living space, using clever tricks to make spaces seem larger or brighter and building in multi-functional furniture and design. Working closely with Chameleon Designs Kent office will ensure you get a design you love, but also allow you to pick up some of the skills, approaches and design ideas that interior designers use to create their stunning home designs. So if you are stuck for ideas, or can’t make head nor tail of how to design your living room, bedroom, or even your entire home, then Chameleon Designs Interiors Kent office are ready to totally transform your interiors and make your life easier.
Why use a Kent Interior Designer?
With experience gained of working in the London and Kent areas over 10 years, we can bring these skills and suppliers to our clients in Kent. Having spent many years working and researching the local area and suppliers, we can bring the best of both worlds to Kent. Kent with its unique history dating back many centuries and its varied landscape offers a unique set of challenges and varying housing and property market. Something that Chameleon Designs Kent understands and is able to adapt to according to our client’s requirements and brief. So choose Chameleon Designs Interiors Kent according to the type of work you need.
Why should I hire an interior designer in Kent?
They say life is what happens while you’re busy making plans. Some of us are just too preoccupied with a career and/or family to think about colour schemes, wallpaper, flooring and lighting. A professional interior designer in Kent can save you bags of time, stress and months, if not years, of living in a half-finished home. It’s their job to stay on top of the latest trends and to have contacts and visual references of latest trends and fashions. Interior designers and decorators in Kent can also save you money, sourcing products via trade contacts or offering not only the iconic designs but also their alternatives at high street levels.
How do I choose the right Kent interior designer for my home?
Chameleon Designs Interiors, Kent has worked on a varied and different set of designs and issue for many varied clients, you can therefore feel confident if you hire Chameleon Designs Interiors, Kent. Our aim is to offer you the look and feel that you desire, whether that is a mix-and-match lounge oozing mid-century modern style, a pale and interesting minimalist bedroom with shots of colour, or a beautiful space inspired by Scandinavian design. You may want to check if your designer is a member of The British Institute of Interior Design (BIID). It is a benchmark of quality and reliability. And check if your interior designer can offer you the right type of service – some companies are design only, while others can oversee the whole project. If it is the latter that you seek, make sure any sub-contractors used are fully accredited and it is clear who they are supposed to report to. If late alterations are made to the plan, the contractor should receive a change order, thus minimising the risk of a dispute about what was and wasn’t agreed to after the start date.
Benefits of using a professional
- They can define and enhance your own style.
- Their knowledge of the design process will help prevent costly mistakes.
- Experience in the industry means they have contact with reputable suppliers and tradespeople.
- Designers who are members of the BIID are trained to make the most of available spaces and to create the flow and furniture arrangements that make daily living functional, safe, comfortable and easy.
- BIID interior designers are able to draw on a wealth of expertise and may suggest ideas and designs, you had not previously considered.
- Members of the BIID are required to have a written contract with their clients, in the best interest of both parties, and to carry Professional Indemnity Insurance.
How important is the personality of my interior designer?
You will be working closely with your chosen interior designer or interior decorator so personality fit is key in this relationship. You should have a rapport with your chosen designer and feel that they understand your vision. Interior designers are problem solvers, and you are looking for someone who is a good collaborator that will inspire confidence and encourage you to make your own decisions. Interior decorators and designers should be sensitive to your personal tastes yet keen to help you discover new designs and take you out of your comfort zone. They should ask a lot of questions and be interested in your lifestyle, which should dictate your home environment and not vice versa.
How much does an interior designer in Kent cost?
Some interior design companies and interior decorators will charge an hourly consultancy rate, particularly if you can’t clearly define scope of the brief. Others, like ourselves, and other members of the BIID as advised by our professional body, make a charge for the project based on the brief and time taken to complete the designs. Project implementation is usually then charged on a time spent on site basis once the scope of the work has been agreed and the designs have been signed off. This is similar to other professionals and in particular architects. After the first initial visit, usually free, we produce a set of meeting notes and an associated fee proposal, before any work is undertaken, giving you a written agreement prior to us working together.
What are some of the important questions to ask Kent interior designers?
- What relevant professional interior design qualifications do you have?
- Are you a member of BIID?
- What will be your level of involvement in the project? Are you design-only or do you offer project management too?
- Do you offer a free initial consultation?
- Will I be able to see materials samples as well as illustrations and a schedule of work at the outset?
- Have any of your previous interior design projects involved making structural alterations to an existing property?
- Which sub-contractors do you intend to use and why? Can I see examples of their previous work?
- How often will we be meeting to discuss progress and how many site inspections will you carry out?
- Is your quote fixed and VAT-inclusive? What is not included?
- Do you have professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance and employers’ liability insurance?
- What happens if there is a dispute regarding the designs or the quality of workmanship?