Chameleon Designs Interiors, run by Emile Azan and his team offers a full interior design service, and we opened our London office over 10 years ago allowing us to offer an experienced service to our clients in the Greater London area and beyond. London as the Capital city not only offers an immense variation and age of housing stock, but also a very wide and varied cultural background all of which we can and have catered for. Design in London is at the cutting edge and the latest trends are easily accessible to our clients as are the fantastic selection of London suppliers and of course the London high street shops.
We are able to offer a full interior design service from simple consultations to full project design and implementation.
What Chameleon Designs, London can provide
Chameleon Designs in London are skilled at making beautiful, feel-good spaces for people to live and work in, using carefully chosen combinations of paint colours, patterns, fabrics, furniture and fixtures. They will help you to get the look you want first time, and if you’re not immediately sure what you want they help you find it, working with you to design your perfect home or workplace. If your space is on the small side, or awkwardly configured, Chameleon Designs London, interior designers, can also help you to maximise your living space, using clever tricks to make spaces seem larger or brighter and building in multifunctional furniture and design. Working closely with Chameleon Design’s London office will ensure you get a design you love, but also allow you to pick up some of the skills, approaches and design ideas that interior designers use to create their stunning home designs. So if you are stuck for ideas, or can’t make head nor tail of how to design your living room, bedroom, or even your entire home, then Chameleon Designs Interior’s London office are ready to totally transform your interiors and make your life easier.
Why use a London Interior Designer?
With a wealth of experience gained of working in London and the UK, we as an interior design company, can offer our extensive knowledge of the various different styles and periods of the Capital’s housing stock. We are also aware of the varied cultural influences which can be brought into play in making our clients houses and businesses, in London, places in which they can feel at home in and of which they can be proud. Designer Emile Azan has himself lived in London for 40 years. London with it’s unique history dating back many centuries and it’s varied landscape offers a unique set of challenges and varying housing and property market. Something that Chameleon Designs London understands and is able to adapt to according to our client’s requirements and brief. So choose Chameleon Designs Interiors London according to the type of work you need.
Why should I hire an interior designer in London?
They say life is what happens while you’re busy making plans. Some of us are just too preoccupied with a career and/or family to think about colour schemes, wallpaper, flooring and lighting. A professional interior designer in London can save you bags of time, stress and months, if not years, of living in a half-finished home. It’s their job to stay on top of the latest trends and to have contacts and visual references of latest trends and fashions in London. Interior designers and decorators can also save you money, sourcing products via trade contacts in London or offering not only the iconic designs but also their alternatives at London high street levels.
How do I choose the right London interior designer for my home?
Chameleon Designs Interiors, London has worked on a varied and different set of designs and issues for many varied clients over the years, you can therefore feel confident if you hire Chameleon Designs Interiors, London. Our aim is to offer you the look and feel that you desire, whether that is a mix-and-match lounge oozing mid-century modern style, a pale and interesting minimalist bedroom with shots of colour, or a beautiful space inspired by Scandinavian design. You may want to check if your designer is a member of The British Institute of Interior Design (BIID). It is a benchmark of quality and reliability. And check if your interior designer can offer you the right type of service – some companies are design only, while others can oversee the whole project. If it is the latter that you seek, make sure any sub-contractors used are fully accredited and it is clear who they are supposed to report to. If late alterations are made to the plan, the contractor should receive a change order, thus minimising the risk of a dispute about what was and wasn’t agreed to after the start date.
Benefits of using a professional
- They can define and enhance your own style.
- Their knowledge of the design process will help prevent costly mistakes.
- Experience in the industry means they have contact with reputable suppliers and tradespeople.
- Designers who are members of the BIID are trained to make the most of available spaces and to create the flow and furniture arrangements that make daily living functional, safe, comfortable and easy.
- BIID interior designers are able to draw on a wealth of expertise and may suggest ideas and designs, you had not previously considered.
- Members of the BIID are required to have a written contract with their clients, in the best interest of both parties, and to carry Professional Indemnity Insurance.
How important is the personality of my interior designer?
You will be working closely with your chosen interior designer or interior decorator so personality fit is key in this relationship. You should have a rapport with your chosen designer and feel that they understand your vision. Interior designers are problem solvers, and you are looking for someone who is a good collaborator that will inspire confidence and encourage you to make your own decisions. Interior decorators and designers should be sensitive to your personal tastes yet keen to help you discover new designs and take you out of your comfort zone. They should ask a lot of questions and be interested in your lifestyle, which should dictate your home environment and not vice versa.
How much does an interior designer in London cost?
Some interior design companies and interior decorators will charge an hourly consultancy rate, particularly if you can’t clearly define scope of the brief. Others, like ourselves, and other members of the BIID as advised by our professional body, make a charge for the project based on the brief and time taken to complete the designs. Project implementation is usually then charged on a time spent on site basis once the scope of the work has been agreed and the designs have been signed off. This is similar to other professionals and in particular architects. After the first initial visit, usually free, we produce a set of meeting notes and an associated fee proposal, before any work is undertaken, giving you a written agreement prior to us working together.
What are some of the important questions to ask London interior designers?
- What relevant professional interior design qualifications do you have?
- Are you a member of BIID?
- What will be your level of involvement in the project? Are you design-only or do you offer project management too?
- Do you offer a free initial consultation?
- Will I be able to see materials samples as well as illustrations and a schedule of work at the outset?
- Have any of your previous interior design projects involved making structural alterations to an existing property?
- Which sub-contractors do you intend to use and why? Can I see examples of their previous work?
- How often will we be meeting to discuss progress and how many site inspections will you carry out?
- Is your quote fixed and VAT-inclusive? What is not included?
- Do you have professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance and employers’ liability insurance?
- What happens if there is a dispute regarding the designs or the quality of workmanship?
View our Google Plus page for London Interior Design